The UT99/UnReal Forum Site and Server Directory

Your One Stop Place to Find the Right UT99/UnReal Forum and Server for YOU! - Established July 27, 2007 - Expertly Hosted by freeforums.org
Home Page Play games in the arcade * * Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Forum Directory!

You are currently viewing our boards as a non-registered GUEST, which gives you Limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely FREE, so please, Register and join our UT Directory community today!
If you do Not receive the Activation E-mail after registering, please e-mail the admin "Hook" at -> [email protected]

Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Peekaboo!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 pm 
*Staff Administrator*

Have thanks: 17 time
Hello everyone! I'm Chamberly! & I either may be the one you know and maybe some other's don't know. Just like some of you, I know you and not other! Hehe... Don't worry, we'll all get to know each other. :)

I'm in a camping sniper clan called ]TKK[. TKK stands for Thrill Kill Klan. Long history as well. & Most of us still play on a gaming competition site (against other clans) called http://www.FraggedNation.com (Noccer knows this. rofl... and [EST] do as well. :P )

Anyway moving on, TKK do have a clan forum and clan server.
Clan forum: http://www.thrillkillklan.com/
Clan server: 198.87.99.114:7777

& I also manage 2 servers. A soon to be BT server and a Xloc server.
Note: BT = BunnyTrack and Xloc = Translocator.
BT server: 108.174.60.23:7777
Xloc server: 38.114.100.70:7777
But however, this might change in the future. Integrating both gametype into 1 server. ;)

So this might be kind of short, right? What about those who want to know me? Well, I started playing UT99 in Summer 2011. Had a lot of free time and learned quite a lot about the game over the times. Very active and just doing whatever I can learn to do. The only thing I haven't done is released a map and made a mod yet. Pretty much did a lot of things tho. I didn't want to make a noob map or mod so I'm gonna learn what I want or so and release the goods. Haha.

I've also tested a few mods as well. Siege (with Higor), XConsole (with ~V~), and more...

Well, thanks for reading and taking your time. While I go back to testing... (and interested to hear from anyone who want to give map advice and programming advice, I'm here to help give feedback as well.)

~Cham

& Here is some GameTracker if you are interested. ;)

TKK Sniper Camping Server:

My BT server:

My Xloc server:

Oh and I got here because of sigs at UT99.org and seen it also at Hook's Forum. Just been awhile since I registered.
Chamberly has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: Peekaboo!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:43 am 
*Staff Administrator*

Have thanks: 7 time
Hey Chamberly, welcome!

Deep Cover GEcko (a.k.a. GEx)
DLD-RABBIT wrote:
Do we officially consider this case closed :o No more fainting, farting, and fooling about :lol:
UnrealGecko has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:31 pm 
*Site Administrator*

Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)
Have thanks: 33 time
Welcome Chamberly - and Welcome to our STAFF!
:welcome2:

Hook :hooklaugh: (Site Administrator)
Joining a UT99 Forum, Site or Server?
Let them Know you Found it Browsing HERE in The UT99 Forum, Site and Server Directory!

Hook's UT Place -> http://www.hooksutplace.co.nr
THE Place for Unreal Tournament Gamers!
Hook has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 pm 
*Staff Administrator*

Have thanks: 6 time
welcome Chamberly, glad to see you here :D

= Axewound =
Joining a UT99/Unreal Forum, Site or Server?
Let them Know you Found it Browsing HERE in The UT99/Unreal Forum, Site and Server Directory!

axewound has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:27 pm 
*Staff Administrator*

Wow, thank you very much for your welcome & becoming a staff. Glad to unite with you all here as well. :)

= Chamberly =
Let them Know you Found it Browsing HERE in The UT99/Unreal Forum, Site and Server Directory!

Chamberly has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 am 
*Staff Administrator*

Have thanks: 12 time
Hey there Chamberley.
I have just been tinkering with a TKK map DM-]TKK[WotW-DeadLondon, although I just checked and realised, I'm working on a "UK" edit DM-UK-]TKK[WotW-DeadLondon.
Damn I better check the differences. I may have to copy everything to the original.

It is already mostly pathed, but I have fixed some of the broken pathing inside the buildings.
Mainly I felt the desire to edit, because it lacked any aliens!
Mine currently has 2 types of aliens (not the film ones) and eggs placed around the area with the tripods (I may add more).
And the river is now not a place you want to hang-around in, as I've made it perilous for those who want that 'deemer in the tower. :lol:
I wanted to use flares in this, but I can only kick them instead of picking them up.
So I added more flashlights in a few of the rooms, but you still have to fish-around in the dark for them.
There is also a variety of vehicles, as I feel a bit of extra armour is handy.
1 new weapon in the middle of the map, a sniper-uzi.

I have even been experimenting with space-ships flying high above.
Bit of a cheat though. Add a bird, swap the mesh and textures.
Most are currently normal, so you can get in them if you shoot them down.
I may try adding some in the sky-box to get the effect of a huge fleet, or a massive mother-ship.
Attachment:
File comment: Invasion 1
Invasion1.jpg
Invasion1.jpg [ 125.13 KiB | Viewed 1556 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Invasion 2
Invasion2.jpg
Invasion2.jpg [ 126.53 KiB | Viewed 1556 times ]

Actually the DeadLondon map would make a great 'deemer map. Plenty of cat and mouse hunting.

Dr.Flay
Let them Know you Found it Browsing HERE in The UT99 Forum, Site and Server Directory!

Dr.Flay has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 pm 
*Site Administrator*

Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)
Have thanks: 33 time
Dr.Flay wrote:
Actually the DeadLondon map would make a great 'deemer map. Plenty of cat and mouse hunting.

Yes, Exactly what I was thinking - let me know when you have it available my good man! :D

Hook :hooklaugh: (Site Administrator)
Joining a UT99 Forum, Site or Server?

Hook's UT Place -> http://www.hooksutplace.co.nr
THE Place for Unreal Tournament Gamers!
Hook has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:07 pm 
*Staff Administrator*

Oh what my edit ?
I'll have to get permission first.

I think I'd have to make the bird/ships invulnerable or hard to destroy, for use with the Pirate deemers.
They wouldn't be in the sky very long !

Buildings would get used differently, as the only pickup anyone wants is jump-boots, so I may put more nasties in the dark.

There is a lack of ambient sounds in this map, so I may have to add some wind and water sounds etc. Maybe even distant gun-fire.

I'll ask Scorpion about the UK edit changes, and then decide what I'm doing.
I know the music is changed, but there is about 2MB difference in the map, so something is added.

There are no credits in either distro, so Chamberly can I ask you to let me know who made the map ?

Dr.Flay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 pm 
*Staff Administrator*

Just got an email about this now. Um, I'll ask someone who made the map and see if I can get a hold of the author.

Well, I went to the map on the ]TKK[ Sniper Camping server, bring up the map... The author is mln, and I know exactly where he is at. I'll leave him a message to this forum.

The edits looks nice. :)

Ps. I left him a message here: http://www.sx.clanservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1025

= Chamberly =

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:09 am 
*Staff Administrator*

Cheers dude.
I read the post (so far), and I'll point out that it won't be monster-hunt.
It will stay as a DM...Though thinking about the layout, it could easily be a CTF.
Players still need to find weapons.

Camper-snipers look for a dark or hidden place to get comfy in. I like the environment to have more "challenges" and life without detracting from the original point of "the Tournament".
They also stay dead when you kill them. No re-spawns for bobo the alien-invader.

It's the dark places in the map that need to be flushed out, before you can use them :twisted:
And I'm working on using the eggs in a way you can use them against your opponents ;)
Stick them to ceilings and you can walk under them fine, but if it gets dropped by a crafty bullet, it will hatch if near a player.
They will also hatch if the proximity is close through a wall.

It is a very dark map in places, but I do think it should be.
I think a good compromise for a map like this would have been a sweeping search-light from one of the tripods (like the river Sayne sniper map).

Dr.Flay

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]